How To Make An Engaging TikTok Video: TikTok Videos Ideas
Did you know that TikTok has over 1 billion monthly users? This makes it even more popular than Twitter. With so many people watching these short-form videos, it’s expected to grow to 1.8 billion by the end of 2023. Do you think it’s worth getting involved.
If you have never made TikTok videos before, and you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry. In this guide, we’ll show you how to create a TikTok video that your viewers will love. We’ll cover the types of videos you can make, the steps to creating your first video, and useful tips to increase your chances of going viral.
Before You Start: Find Your TikTok Niche
Creating engaging TikTok videos starts with finding your niche. Think about what you love to do – whether it’s cooking or dancing – and focus on that. This way, you’ll attract followers who share your interests and will be more likely to engage with your content.
Once you’ve found your niche, brainstorm ideas for videos that are both entertaining and informative for your followers. For example, if you’re a foodie, you could showcase your favorite recipes or kitchen tools. And if you’re a dancer, you could share your moves or teach others how to dance. The key is to let your personality shine through – have fun and be creative! With a little practice and inspiration, you’ll be making engaging TikTok videos in no time.
Another useful tip is to save TikTok ads that catch your attention and resonate with your brand or niche. This way, you can study them and take inspiration from their creative approaches to make your own videos more engaging and visually appealing.
10 Awesome TikTok Videos Ideas
Not sure what type of video to make? Here are ten popular ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Challenges. One fun way to stay in the loop with the latest TikTok trends and get your audience involved is to participate in challenges. There are tons of different challenges to choose from, so you can find one that speaks to you and your unique style. Plus, it’s a great way to show off your personality and connect with your followers.
- Dancing. Dancing videos are a popular and fun style of video on TikTok. With the platform constantly introducing new dance trends and routines, you can participate in the latest craze and put your own spin on it to make it unique to your style and niche. So don’t be afraid to show off your moves and enjoy yourself – your followers will love to see your personality shine through!
- Lip-sync videos. Another popular type of TikTok video is lip-syncing or recreating audio clips. You can choose your favorite songs or audio clips and put your own spin on them to make them unique to your style and niche. The key thing is to get creative and have fun.
- Collaboration videos. Collaborating with other creators is a great way to build a sense of community on TikTok and grow your following. By responding to and interacting with other TikTok content, you can show your audience that you’re not just a robot, but a real person with interests and opinions. And you never know, you might even make some new friends along the way!
- Live videos. TikTok’s live video feature can be another great way to build followers and make your content more personal. With live videos, you can interact with your audience in real time, answer their questions, and show them the real you behind the camera.
- Tutorials. With tutorials, you can show your human side and build a connection with your audience by providing helpful information that they can use in their daily lives. These could be basic demonstrations, specific examples, or product hacks that your users may not be aware of.
- Comedy. Don’t be afraid to let your silly side show! Comedy videos are perfect for TikTok because they’re short, fast-paced, and can really surprise your audience. You could create a silly skit or something absurd that might make people laugh unexpectedly. If you can get people laughing, you might even go viral!
- Fun facts. To make your TikTok content more relatable and human-like, try sharing personal stories or anecdotes related to your industry or niche. This can help your followers connect with you on a deeper level and feel like they know the person behind the screen. You can also show your personality by sharing your likes and dislikes, or by asking your followers questions and engaging in conversation with them. Remember, the key is to be authentic and let your unique personality shine through in your content.
- Life hacks. These could be quick tips and tricks that make everyday tasks easier or unique solutions to common problems. By providing your followers with valuable information, you’ll establish yourself as an expert in your field and build trust with your audience. Plus, who doesn’t love a good life hack?
- Workouts. Even if your brand is not related to fitness, you can still tap into TikTok users’ love for exercise by showcasing a workout routine or specific move. Consider putting a unique twist on it, such as a burpee-centric workout that involves taking a sip of soda after each set, to make it fit your brand’s tone and style.
How to Create a TikTok Video
To get started making engaging TikTok videos, you’ll need to create an account. First, download the TikTok app from Google Play or the App Store and follow the prompts to sign up. Once you’ve created your account, make sure to add a profile picture, your name, and a bio.
Recording a TikTok video
- Tap the + sign at the bottom of your screen, or select Create video from your main profile page to begin.
- Record a new video or choose an existing one from your Camera Roll.
- If you are recording a new video, you can choose between 15 seconds or 60 seconds. Uploaded videos can be up to 3 minutes long.
- Adjust the length of your clips by selecting Adjust Clips.
- Add music to your video by tapping Music and choosing a track from the suggestions or using the search bar.
- Tap the options on the right to enhance your video with effects, stickers, or text.
- Add captions for accessibility.
- Tap Next to proceed.
- Customize your video using hashtags, tags, and other settings such as Allow Duet or Allow Stitch. You can also choose which frame of your video is shown in your feed by tapping Select cover.
- Once you are done, select Post to share your creation with the world!
How to make a TikTok video from multiple videos
- Tap the + sign at the bottom of your screen, then tap Upload in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Next, select Videos at the top to filter your Camera Roll.
- Select up to 35 videos and tap Next.
- To adjust the sequence of your videos, tap Adjust Clip.
- Add music, sound effects, or choose from TikTok’s suggestions. Select “Default” if you want to use your video’s original sound. Tap Next when done.
- Use various video effects, stickers, and text to make your video unique. You can also try Noise Reducer to improve the sound quality.
- If you like, add a voice-over to layer over the sound in your clips or the track you selected.
- Add captions, hashtags, and tag other users to make your video discoverable. Manage your video settings to control who can view it.
- Hit Post and share your awesome videos with the world!
How to make a TikTok video from pictures
- To begin, tap the + sign at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Upload in the bottom-right corner of the screen, and then choose Photos at the top to locate photos in your camera roll.
- Choose up to 35 images that capture the moment and help tell your story. Select photos that will resonate with your audience and add value to their experience.
- Hit Next to add music, stickers, effects, and more. Take your time to explore and experiment with different choices to make your video unique and engaging.
- Your photos will be displayed in Video Mode and played in order. You can change it to Photo Mode, which enables you to toggle between images like a slideshow.
- Add a song, sound effect, or audio track to accompany your images with the music button or Voice-over feature to add a more personal touch.
- Add your hashtags and captions, tag other users, and edit the settings of your video.
- Hit Post and share your amazing creation with the world!
By the way, if you are struggling to edit your videos, take a look at our guide on how to speed up video editing.
10 Tips for Great TikTok Videos
If you want to know how to get more views on TikTok, here are some tips to set you in the right direction.
- Record vertically. Although landscape recording might give you more screen space sometimes, it’s crucial to remember that TikTok only displays vertical videos. Additionally, with the increasing size of phones, rotating them with one hand can be challenging, so it’s important to record every TikTok vertically to maximize your views and engagement.
- Good lighting. You don’t need expensive equipment to make TikTok videos, but recording them in a poorly lit area, such as a basement with curtains closed, can make it difficult for viewers to see what’s happening in your video and can make you look unflattering. To improve the quality of your content, try recording your videos in front of a window to get more natural light, or use a phone ring light if you don’t want to rely on the weather. These lights are affordable, easy to set up, and can make a big difference in your videos.
- Keep your phone steady. It’s recommended not to hold your phone in your hand while recording TikTok videos as the movement and shaking can be distracting and even cause motion sickness for some viewers. Instead, use boxes or books to prop up your phone or invest in a cheap tripod for a more stable recording.
- Have a hook at the beginning. On TikTok, it’s important to remember that users are always one swipe away from something new. To make a connection with viewers, it’s crucial to hook them in the first three seconds. There are many ways to do this, such as teasing what’s to come, using captivating visuals, or asking an intriguing question.
- Build suspense with captions. To keep viewers engaged until the end, it’s recommended to use suspenseful or intriguing captions at the beginning of your TikTok video. For example, instead of immediately reviewing a product, you could add a caption that asks a question like “Is this cheaper alternative better than AirPods Pro for only $99?” However, it’s important to avoid exaggerating or deceiving viewers, as the goal is to gain likes and followers, not to make people angry and click the “Not Interested” button.
- Add subtitles. Although TikTok is known for its viral sounds, it’s important to remember that there are many hearing-impaired users who would benefit greatly from subtitles. Adding subtitles also makes it easier for viewers to watch your videos while on the go without headphones. Did you know you can easily add subtitles to a video for free?
- Keep an eye on trends. To be a successful TikTok creator, it’s important to do research and stay up to date with what other creators in your niche are doing. If you come across new trends, don’t be afraid to try them out, but always make sure to add your own unique twist. It’s better to embrace trends rather than go against them if you want to succeed on TikTok.
- Make your videos longer than 13 seconds. It’s important to make sure that your TikTok videos are at least 13 seconds long, since the platform tends to favor content that keeps viewers engaged. While TikTok is geared towards short-form content, videos that go beyond 13 seconds show up more frequently on the For You page. However, memes or funny clips that are highly rewatchable can be an exception to this rule since viewers tend to watch those repeatedly.
- Ask people to like and follow. It’s important to remind your viewers to like and follow your account at the end of your TikTok videos. This is especially useful on this platform as it informs people that you have more similar content on your profile and that your video was not just a one-time thing.
Use hashtags. Hashtags are useful on TikTok in helping viewers discover your videos and helping the algorithm understand your content. Research relevant and popular hashtags for your niche and avoid using misleading ones or adding too many. TikTok will detect spamming and categorize your videos as low effort or shadowban them.
Making great content for TikTok requires a lot of trial and error. To be successful on the platform, it’s important to keep up with trends, use captivating hooks in your videos, and remember to add subtitles and hashtags. With some effort and dedication, you can become one of the most popular creators on the app! Good luck!
Ready to create your first viral TikTok video?
Now you know how to create great content for your TikTok account, so you just need the best tools to execute. Use our super-intuitive TikTok video maker equipped with superior content creation tools, and most importantly – have fun!
Share on socials